Thursday, February 04, 2010

February

'TIs February now. I love how close we are getting to spring. Don't get me wrong, I love winter but it can be dreary. Especially when it lasts for-ev-er. Luckily people know how to have fun with it and we just roll with the weather. My Dad (who lives south east of me) says 'if you don't like the weather wait five minutes and it will change'. Up here it more like 'if you don't like the weather...move'. People give you a limited amount of moan and groan time before they just start wondering why you stay. And its true. The weather up here never changes. There will always be a cold winter and it will always be long. Why stay if you can't deal with it?

One of my favorite moments over the last few weeks was going to the local Mexican restaurants for dinner with Paul. This place smells like heaven from the parking lot and walking through the door just makes it better. They keep it nice and warm inside in the winter so its like the perfect dichotomy. You see snow and frozen-ness outside but inside its like being in Mexico. Hot and sunny and spicy!

Paul got a job!! He is working at McDonalds and so far so good. I know he is feeling down about it, but I think its a great opportunity. They are such a big company that has the ability to give their workers great careers. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Paul gets that opportunity. I know he could do it and that he would enjoy it. For now though, I'm just looking forward to some free french fries :)

At my job things are going well. I've got a girl though, ooo. I tell you she is itching to go walking out our doors and not come back. All we do is customer service. Above all else it is in our mission statement twice. And she repeatedly gives crappy service. We are having a "tough discussion" this week and as much as I hate confrontation there is a part of me that is looking forward to it. I want her to recognize me as the boss. And I want her to see that I'm not backing down on stuff. I need her to see that and get it. Or else I'm afraid that I'm going to lose my staff and if that happens I'm in hot water. Being a good buddy is great, but when the chips are down you need a manager that is going to stand up with a spine, and I don't think I've had to prove that part yet. THE TIME IS NOW!!! :)

THe wedding plans...not so hot right now. We've had to postpone for a while. Its sad but then at the same time I feel better about it. I just wasn't ready to plan a wedding yet. There is so much to do and I just wasn't ready. Not to mention the big reason we postponed-money. Its frickin' expensive to get married and throw a party. Not to mention that since our friends and family are so spread out that we decided to have to parties. Ick. I mean, I like a good party but tht is a food and decorations and music doubled. AHHH! Lots of stress. Now I have two years to plan. Lots and lots of time.

Well thats the update. I'm trying to get better. We'll see.

Lots of Love,
~*Ery*~

No comments: