Tuesday, February 07, 2023

Lost and Found

 I found my childhood diary last night. It spans a period of about 10 years. 

The entries are disjointed and often out of order. For some reason, as a child, I didn't write sequentially. Which meant as I got older and began writing entries in order, there would occasionally be an entry from 5 years prior. 

There are many blank pages. I've never been particularly good at maintaining a journaling practice. But I like the idea of it. I have other journals scattered around the house with entries separated by months and years.

None of this should really come as a surprise though. This blog is the definition of sporadic entries and poor journaling practices.

It doesn't matter.

The records are for my reminiscing. They are my insight into previous mindset, beliefs, and priorities. A reminder of past feelings doesn't need commentary. 

No comments: