Monday, May 26, 2008

Post-its

Babystep #4 - Write these things down on post-its ("these things" = baby steps #1 -3)

This was...easy? I'm not ahuge fan of writing things down to remind myself. I don't know why. I think it might be because if I see the note but don't do it I feel guilty. However, I did write the notes and have been doing the things on them so no guilt yet.

Today's babystep (#5) is to write down the negative things that my head tells me. Then, turn the bad thing into a good thing and re-write that down. I've been pretty positive so far today. I'm not a very negative person in general and I usually talk myself out of the mean things I say. So I'm gona try to do this one for the next couple of days just to get an accurate list of mean things I tell myself. Its funny that this is part of a cleaning/organizing program. I mean, how little must we think of ourselves that in order to clean a house you have to do self-affirmations?

It speaks to our society and all the horrible things it instills. You're not good enough, pretty enough, clean enough, etc. I know in the past I've gotten myself to the point of tears just because I am so depressed about the state of my house. I fin myself depressed and beaten down my my own thoughts so much that I can't get myself to clean, do homework or in any be productive. And in this way my mind would tell me how useess I was being. It's a horrible cycle. I'm glad FLYlady recognized it as a problem. This is just another reason I'm really excited about this. It's not just about cleaning. Its about owning yourself and loving you as you are.

I did my first home blessing today! Essentially it's an hour of cleaning or "blessing". You spend 10 minutes (or less) on a variety of different tasks to keep the house clean. So today I vacuumed, dusted, mopped, emptied the trash, wiped down the doors, polished the mirrors, shook out the rugs (entrances and bathrooms). And it only took me an hour. The key was to stop at 10 minutes and not be a perfectionist about it. Anything missed or in the corners would be cleaned another scheduled time. Easy. And the house looks good! It smells good! I havea shiny sink!

Lots of Love,
~*Ery*~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.