Sunday, January 21, 2007

A New Year

I want my textbooks! I ordered textbooks off amazon.com last thursday and i've only received one so far! And of course it the one I need least of all.

This was a ... good first week of classes. Man though, my schedule is kind of crazy. Mondays and Wednesdays I've got classes and work for 11 hours total. But Tuesdays and Thursdays I don't work more than 5 hours and no classes at all. Friday - Sunday I've got nothing at all! I don't know if I like it or hate it. One good thing is that I have plenty of time on my Tues, and Thurs. to take care of things on and off campus. Things like donating plasma and homework.

I'm so not excited about having to start giving plasma again. I don't konw if I've explained plasma yet but here goes. There is this center near my school that is there for people to donate blood plasma for phamacies to use in medicines. The reason its such a big deal though is that they pay for the plasma. Well actually, they pay for the time it takes to give the plasma. Its illegal to pay money for bodily fluids, or really any part of your body ( a little thing called prostitution, ya know?). Its actually not that bad. They stick you with a needle and then you sit there for an hour as they they take blood out, spin it, and then return the blood cells (minus the plasma) back to you through the same needle. They repeat this process several times over the course of the hour. There's not really any pain, its just kind of uncomfortable and annoying. Mostly because I thought I was past the point of having to go there for money (Its pretty good, $200 if you do it twice a week for a month). My lack of a job over break has left me nearly penniless with bills and things piling up. I hate money. Its annoying.

This weekend was pretty good. Paul and I hung out with a couple that he's know since he was a kid. They're fun. We went out to this really good Creole place in town. And then we watched some movies. Ooo! Watched "Conversation(s) with other women" Which was pretty cool. It was shot in a split screen and its about past lovers who meet again years later. I loved it!

now I'm all sore from going to the PEIF the next day and starting to actually get back in shape. My butt hurts. And that's the result of a year of nothing.

Went to church tonight. Sarah (the roomie) came with. I was really excited because over and over she's talked about how she doesn't really like Catholic masses for one reason or another. So when she said she would go tonight I was excited. But then we left and she mentioned that she felt out of place and Paul noted that she wasn't alone. I felt really bad. I mean, I thought that I had been pretty open about gong to different churches with him and letting him know that if he had any questions he could come to me about them...but apparently he's still uncomfortable. I don't know what it is. Like, maybe he just isn't a church person. I love going to church, but maybe he just doesn't enjoy it like I do. *Shurg* I guess its something tha tI'l lhave to talk to him about.

Now I'm walking "Strong Medicine" instead of going to bed. I don't really feel like going to sleep yet, plus I love this show. Ok... I think i'm done rambling for a bit.

Lots of Love,
~*Ery*~

No comments: