Saturday, February 03, 2007

Friday Night TV

I'm sitting in Paul's apartment, watching TV with his brother and buddy Thomas. We've been doing this since abut 5pm and I'm a little tired of sitting around and watching a whole lot of testosterone on TV. Not to say that I haven't enjoyed the shows we've watched so far ( Man vs. Wild is a freaking cool show) but we haven't done anything today. On the other hand, I don't really have any money so I don't really want to go out and spend any cash right now. Oh well.

Things are bette than what I was stressing about the last time I wrote. I don't know why I got so weird, it just sort of happened. I worry too much. I'm not sure why. For instance, Paul and I were talking about going up to Tech for a winter festival they have every year. Even though the school has some real activities planeed (such as snow statue building, I'll include pictures next week) the real "focus" of events, at least for many students, is to get as drunk as possible and then stay that way till Sunday evening. This worries me. I'm so frightened of one of the people i'm with getting alcohol, especially Paul. For some reason he doesn't understand why this bothers me so much. It just does. I'm so scared that something will happen to him. I can't predict the future, if I could maybe I wouldn't worry to much...or maybe I'd worry all the more.

I'm so excited for Model UN. I had to go back and see if I had talked about it yet...and since I only mentioned it once that means I get to just go to town on it. Model UN is pretty much exactly what it sounds like. Its a group that meets and puts on a model United Nations conference. A whole bunch of college students get together and discuss a varitey of topics. At my school we "train" for this in two different ways. In the fall semester we meet as an extra-curricular group that gets together on Thursdays to practice writing resolutions and debating in proper parliamentary order. In the winter semester we meet as a political science class (for 2 credits!) and learn from peer teachers. The upside to doing it this way is there are credits involved and more people take it as a class than in the group. The downside is there is homework and quizzes, not so fun.

In the fall we go to Chicago, IL and have the conference in a hotel. But in the Winter we go to Toronto and hold the conference at U of T. I'm so excited to go in February. Its going to be so much fun. Its so interesting to get together and discuss things with intelligent people. especially when, in reality, it doesn't mean all that much to anyone at all. This semester I'm representing the United Kingdom. They are so involved in so many things. So I'm excited to go to Toronto and have a good time. Wee!

Um. I guess that's it. Oh wait! I've been doing yoga throughout the week and took class again on Tuesday. It's so much fun. And I already feel more comfortable and have a little better posture. Yea!

Ok now I'm truly finished.

Lots of Love,
~*Ery*~

No comments: