Saturday, May 21, 2005

My Prom

Wow. So prom was this past Wed. and it was amazing in so many ways. The day started out with our Senior Farewell which was our last time with the whole school and it was so sad. I sang "If We hold On Together" and it went beautifully.

Afterwards it was time to start getting ready for the big night. I went home did all he necessary bathing and shaving and such then I took a nap. I went next door to get my hair done and it turned out splendidly. I went home and put on my dress. It is so pretty...unfortunatly, though, the drycleaners tore the chiffon overlay and it ripped progressivly throughout the night. Oh well...no one noticed. So then my mom did pictures outside Carol's house because her garden is so much nicer than ours. Well then the night really got started. Jay showed up. He looks so nice in his tails...wait did I say nice? I meant good, yummy, mmm! Anywho (giggle giggle). We left for Jackie's. I love riding in a car with just him. I feel safe and protected and not in control and I love that feeling. Then there's the fact that he wears this absolutly amazing scent/cologne/body spray stuff that I love...but more on that later. At Jackie's we all got introduced and such. All the guys got along so well. When Allie's date arrived we were all on pins and needles but he turned out to be a pretty cool guy (and not too hard on the eyes either if you know what I mean). So yeah then we had to do the picture thing which went well I guess. the pictures all look good. Everybody is happy and smling (mostly). Then into the limo to the hall. We got to the hall ate dinner ( not much to discuss here so why bother) and now we are to the dancing, an activity on which I have lots of feelings.

Firstly I LOVE to dance! And not just structured dance, I love all sorts, the way the music makes me feel is such an incredible, undescribable high I can't express it! So yeah thats the first thing. I mean it doesn't really matter how good or bad the dancing is, as long as I'm comfortable I have fun. Well s the DJ sarted the dance off with gwen Stefani's song "Hollaback Girl" which I guess is one of Jay's favorite songs at the moment. So we went out onto the dance floor and go right down to it. Eeeeee! We were so close, I could smell him...ad he was behind me ad I love how he smells and heknows that I love the smell and I wonder what that means? Because I mentioned it and he sad somenthing to the effect f " its the one you really like" Which mskes me wonder why he chose that one, sinc I know hes got several but anyway thats not really what I wa talking about was it? No I was discussing dancing and how I love dancing with Jay. I felt so free finally with what I could do. I could move and not worry what he would think and...hold on let me try to explain this better. I always feel this longing when I'm dancing to move away from the monotonous back-n-forth back-to-front movement that is so common in dancing nowadays. Because I know that it is just as common to move your butt a little more and to twirl and to move about the dance floor. Well with Jay I found this movement I have been longing for. nd I wasn't the one who started it, he did. I believe it started with some"getting low". It was great, I was 6 inches away from sittingon the ground then all of a sudden I was back wherI had started from. I was just blown away that he wanted, even, encouraged me to actually move around with him. He gave me such a freedm but at the same time I could feel his control over what we did and how far everything went, I felt the control in his hands and in which direction we went but I still felt weightless and free. I want to mention that I love the feeling I get whenI dance with him. I felt so secure andI felt aloive and cradled in his arms. I knew that if anything happened he would be right there, I wouldn't fall alone. His arms were around my waist and then they were around my hips and his hands were on my upper thighs and I didn't want them to leave that spot but when they did it was okay because they were hugging me closer to him. Sigh. I don't think that feeling's coming back.

No comments: