Friday, June 22, 2007

Yea!!

All things are good!

I asked Paul the next morning if he wanted to talk and he agreed that we could do it that night. So Wednesday night we hada nice little chat aboutwhat I said, and it turns out that he understood why I was upset he just didn't know why it meant so much to me.

As far as I could tell, he prefers to be left alone when angry and doesn't want an apology right away. I, however, am completely the opposite and want the apology right then. So its just a difference in communication styles. Al in all we agreed that it was something that needed to be brought up, but perhaps in not so volatile a manner.

Another thing we talked about, which I didn't mention in my last entries were that I had been feeling a bit neglected as far as cuddling, kissing, and basic boy-girl "alone" time. I had tried just about everything short of demanding it (which to me feels vulgar) and had convinced myself that I was doing something unattractive to him. So I asked him about it and he had just flat out not realized that what I was doing was a "request" for something more and just thought I wanted a simple hug (when in reality I was asking for a bit more). The entire time I've been feeling unattractive, he's been not initiating anything because he was worried that I had to get up for work and would be tired, or vice versa for himself. So in reality he wanted me, but was thinking logically and with a sympathy for both of us. Well after our little chat we fixed that whole lack and I think we stumbled upon something that we didn't know before: being affectionate, and taking the time out of the day for some loving is important.

Before, I think we just operated under the thought that it was a way of showing love, but that if it wasn't done, the relationship would be ok. I'm not sure why we thought this, since every book on romance and lasting relationships stresses the need for sexual relations. (Note: Paul and I are not having sex, but we do kiss and pet and etc. which count under sexual relations but not sex.)

Ok. So that was...interesting. Anyway, we were both feeling much better by the end of the night and the next morning. Everything more right, and I think we made a big jump in our relationship together. Yea!!

L:ots of Love,
~*Ery*~

No comments: