Tuesday, June 19, 2007

11pm Update

So, one would think, based upon what I wrote earlier, that a response was coming. At the very least, an acknowldgment of what transpired would occur. Well, we've been home together for 1.5 hours now and the only hint I have that he even touched my note is... it is sitting on the nightstand instead of in the middle of the bed. Yup. Not an email, a letter, a word, nothing. I want to say something, but at the same time I don'twant to nag. I want him to know that he has time to get his ideas and thoughts in order...but it would be nice if he could at least acknowledge me and say that he'll get something to me tomorrow or Thursday, or something.

This is exactly what I'm frustrated by. We're watching t.v. and he's playing video games like nothing happened. He's trying to pet me and be cuddle-y but as much as I want that right now, I just can't. There's so much other stuff in the way that is just being avoided. I don't know why he can't just talk to me.

Lots of Love,

~*Ery*~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ery,

I read all about your 'fight' with your boyfriend. It is so very typical. I know just how you feel, I've been there. As you get older and more experienced, you will learn that men are really a different species; they do not see things the way we do; they do not react the way we do; it is pointless to expect them to react a certain way when it's not in their nature; you might as well expect your dog to meow. The best thing to do is to say exactly what you're thinking, ask for exactly what you want. Do that in a calm unemotional manner. 'Paul, it upset me that you didn't..... I would like you acknowledge that I am upset. What I need from you is ......' The best policy is ALWAYS communication. Open, honest communication. If that doesn't work for you, then maybe not everyone is on the same page, and if that's the case, you really need to figure out what's going on.

Good luck to you.

Suz