Monday, July 14, 2008

My Stems...and Other Happenings

An update on my stem de-hairing. Veet is pretty nifty stuff! As promised on their website my hair didn't feel prickly the next day. In fact, yesterday was the first day I felt really any hair. And its surprisingly already longish. It got past the poke-y part to go straight to the long soft spot, its aMAZing!

I wonder...can I use it in other places (armits, bikini line)? It doesn't say not to...hmmm.

Other Happenings

Today I start my two weeks of Tina free office work. Its both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because I don't have to deal with her mood swings and lack of pregnancy woes. A curse, because I don't have anything to do and can't halep anyone due to the fact that Tina keeps everything of office importance to herself. I get all the gossip and what not that I could hope for, but nothing of office value. No real responsibilities. I'm not sure why, but I think it could be that she doesn't want to let go of the control she has over things. Which is fine...until she isn't here to be the brains of the operation. Ah well, I suppose I might try and tidy her desk a bit. AS a surprise for when she gets back.

I'm flutter-FLYing again. I fell off the band wagon for a little bit. I think the babysteps were just a bit to slow. I mean, I get the point, but sometimes you just gotta jump in there I think. So that's what I did this time. I'm only doing the things I know I can handle, but I'm jumping right in. Skipped the whole post-it note thing this time and went straight for the Control Journal. My post-its just seemed angry at me and made me guilty. The Journal is a better system (I don't know why, it just works that way!) I'm swish and swiping my bathrooms clean and its a great feeling. I get happy everytime I'm in the bathroom!

Ohh! I'm also gearing up for my semi-annual trip to the parent's house on Aug. 1st. Paul is coming with me which is the first time in over a year that he'll be home with me. Everyone is so excited to see/meet him. Its funny, I say I'm coming and everyone goes "Is Paul coming?" I'm clearly loved. Ah well. I've got all kinds of fun stuff in the works. Here is a look at my starter schedule:
7/31: Drive 8 hours to get home at midnight. This would require some schedule changes at work but would result in a whole extra day with the family instead of a day wasted in the car. Granted, we could always leave reeeeeaaaaally early on Friday (Like at 5am and then we'd still make it to my parent's house by...1pm. Hmm if we left at 4am that arrival time could be noon and we'd miss evening traffic on a Friday and have the majority of a day left. Plus I wouldn't be skimping on the job situation. This plan could be a possibility. With 2 drivers it just might work. Plus if one of us is sleeping half the time it wouldn't seem nearly so long of a drive.... I like it.)
8/1: Spend the day seeing people in town and helping mom eliminate stress pre-party.
8/2: Continue to help get everything ready for Devynn's grad party, then whoop it up in her honor with family, old and new friends.
8/3 - 8/6: Assorted fun activities, including...but not limited to --> a double date with Devynn and Charles, a mother-daughter girls night out with Jackie, Nancy, Jen, myself and our mothers, and baby-sightings of the choir girls (aka new mommy Becca and new mommy-to-be Elisabeth).
8/7: Drive back up north for a restful evening at home before work the next day.

I'm really kind of liking that early early start idea. I'll have to discuss it with Paul, but I think it would be awesome. I mean, we'd spend the first few hours on back roads up north so no traffic and probably very few cops. Lets see...at 7pm we be...still pretty far north so no rush hour traffic in the city. Ooo this could be awesome! And if we packed the car before we left, all we'd have to do would be to stumble out to the car at 4am. The driver could grab some caffeine and breakfast while the other person cashed out in the backseat. Switch out 4 hours later and everyone would get plenty of sleep. So excited to tell Paul!!

ALright. WIth that excitement and flurry of planning, I'm gonna sign off. I think I've got some menu planning and shopping lists to make up.

Lots of Love,
~*Ery*~

No comments: