Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Sunny Day

Its gorgeous out!! THe sun is shining there is a light breeze and its warm! Lucky for me all I have to do today is work 12 hours (hmm sarcasm much?). On the upside I do get to buy a pair of cute shoes and make yummy dinner. I'm happy.

I planned a week's menu last night. It was hard to get into, but in the end I found that it really helped with grocery shopping. I didn't buy anything I didn't need (although I forgot rice, so I'll have to substitute a different starch). Plus I've already thought of starches and veggies to go with each dinner. Most will have leftovers for work the next day and I even planned meals for when Paul is gone to camp. This way, I can eat the stuff I like, without making him feel like he has to eat a PB&J sandwich for dinner.

So I decided that the easiest way for me to do some of the FLYlady stuff was to do the babysteps as proscribed and then add in a couple more. Like the menu planning. I don't even know when that would start happening, but it sounded fun. Why not do something fun? I mean, if its enjoyable it can't be work, right? Hopefully that logic holds.

Ooo! Yesterday I found a recipe for a watermelon gazpacho, and I am so excited to try it out! It has watermelon, cucumbers peppers and shallots in it. I think it'l;l be really really good. Plus it go awesome reviews online. I might try it next week when Paul comes home. I also want to try the summer gratin recipe out on Paul. It was really good in class so I think he might eat it.

Hmm, not much else going on. I have my first day on the job all by myself today. I'm really excited/nervous. I hope nothing goes wrong. I figure if I just do what I'm supposed to do then I should be just fine! On that note, I'm gonna go back to imaginary shoe shopping (you know, the shopping you do for fancy shoes you can't afford)

Lots of Love,
~*Ery*~

P.S. My sunburn didn't peel!! Oh! And tomorrow I'm gonna try sugaring. More on that to come later.

No comments: