Thursday, March 05, 2009

Do you see ME?

I like the fortunes in fortune cookies and I take some stock in them. As cryptic and random as I know they are, I want to believe in them. Its the same thing that make me believe my horoscope and know deep down that if I get a prayer for the day in my email it really does have to do with me. I think its tied to my belief in a higher being, but then...its more than that. I feel like fortune cookie fortunes are like intuition: something we get regularly but aren't paying enough attention to so we aren't able to use it to our advantage. I don't think anyone knows this about me. Its a silly thing, really. But I feel like it's important. Its one of those things that in a book if I were being described...I'd want that in there. I think it says something about me.

The same way I think its important that every door to the outside have a doormat of some sor ton the inside. Some of it functional (like the one for the door most used) but also for decoration (for the door seldom used). I think they make the house look cozy. They make me think of little houses built into the prairie ground in the 1800's. I don't know why. They just do.

What makes a person unique? Is it their aptitude at learning tasks, or is it the little things like believing in fortune cookies and door mats in front of doors that makes us different from every other person? Sometimes I feel like those little things get lost in the search for the aptitudes and qualifications and expectations. I like fluffy little plants and listening to birds sing really early in the morning. You can't fit those things into a quantifiable measurement. They just are. I also refuse to wake up early to hear the birds sing and i'm not much of a green thumb with fluffy little plants (or any plants in general)...but that doesn't matter. If I'm up I'll listen to the birds and I'll smile and probably go get some hot cocoa and wish for a front porch with a rocking chair. If I get a fluffy plant I'll do my best to make it grow. I have doormats at all my doors and one in my kitchen because it makes my feet feel nice when I do dishes. I keep fortunes until they fall apart or just distract me by sitting in my pocket. I feel unique. Do others think I'm unique? I honestly don't know.

Lots of Love,
~*Ery*~

No comments: