Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spring is in the Air

Spring is in the air
Everywhere I look around!

Yea for Spring-time weather! Its so amazing the way people's moods have changed over the past few weeks. Everyone is smiling more and just generally in better moods. It's as if the sun just woke up our smiles (cheesy to the extreme). I just love it. Even though the temperature has been fickle (50s one day but low teens the next) it is just so exciting to see the snow melting. Granted, we are all still holding out for the April 1st snow day, but I don't think anyone would be truly disappointed if it didn't happen. The sidewalks are clear, except for the sand that is leftover and waiting for the next snow/ice storm, and I can see grass!! I'm waking up to birds singing again, its marvelous!

I don't think anyone could really understand this feeling unless they live in a northern locale that experiences the same long winters as us. Don't get me wrong, I love snow, and ice skating, and scarves, but after awhile it gets to be too much. The snow gets dingy, by ankles get bruises from my skates, and my scarves start feeling like nooses that just need a tree to finish the job. Not to mention the exhaustion that comes with the mere thought of getting dressed to go outside on the most blustery of days. I mean: undergarments, tights, long sleeve shirt, sweater, thick jeans, coast, mittens, hat, hood, scarf to hold on hood and keep face warm AND keep the snow out of my coat. And then...the first step is still a shock. You sit in your car and freeze while the car is "warming up" only to have to get out as soon as heat starts coming out of the heater. Trudge to your destination and promptly start sweating once you get in the door because you are so bundled up and shivering. Its enough to make a person go crazy by the fourth month.

In any event, spring is here!! Its exciting and wonderful and I'm so happy about it.

Lots of Love,
~*Ery*~

P.S. How does one see spring in the air?

No comments: