Friday, February 13, 2009

Aaaand...the Day has Arrived

Today was the day. And I'm officially 98-99% baby proof for about 10 years. Woot! I'm also holed up in my apartment in fear of debillitating cramps. I guess its just part of the price to pay. Actually the whole procedure went a lot smoother than I anticipated. I was in an out of the doctor's office in about 30 minutes. I didn't faint, feel sick, or even need to hold anyone's hand. The Doctor said I did incredible and then gave me a hug which was awesome. I had just met her and she just seemed so happy for me and I think she may just know that a hug was just what I needed. I didn't feel shakey or dizzy, but a hug, even a brief half hug from a virtual stranger (who consequently had already seen all there was to see) really hit the spot. It made the whole thing feel less clinical and more personal. It was like a friend was helping me, not some lady I was paying to provide a service.

Today I've been stuck at home. Its kind of like when I had the flu two weeks ago. Except, now I have been living with ibuprofen and a heating pad. They are my best friends. I don't know what I'm going to do when its bed time. I'm hoping that my body will use the time to start to regulate itself and stop feeling so ornery.

I can't wait for Paul to come home. He had bowling tonight and plans to go out to the bar to hear a band afterwards. Part of me is a little annoyed that he isn't coming home tonight, since I'm sitting here in pain due to something that is for both of us, but on the other hand I'm no fun right now and he deserves to have a day to hang out with friends. I'm also annoyed because I can't go out with him. Its one of the weekends that I'm working nights and so is he so I could go out, but I just feel crappy. Plus I'm fairly certain 800 mg Ibuprofen does not mix with any alcohol. (Not saying I couldn't not drink...but it happens). I'm hoping too that him going out tonight won't effect him feeling alert sometime before 1:30 tomorrow. I mean, its Valentine's Day and we both have to work at night. I'm still hoping that a breakfast in bed will happen but it doesn't sound like its gonna happen. I'll find out tomorrow I guess.

Well, its either off to bed or the bars with me (I might just risk the outside world to avoid going completely stir crazy!) In any event, I'm sure the night can only get better :)

Lots of Love,
~*Ery*~

No comments: