Monday, February 09, 2009

Pancake Party!!

So this weekend was probably the first weekend since New Years that I can genuinely say I all out enjoyed. I worked 7-3am at the hotel Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, but it didn't matter because I really made the best of my time and let my self really enjoy it.


So...pancake party.

Friday: The Department of Health apparently (per a law in the 70's) requires hotels to have food licenses to serve hot foods that require cooking, like waffles. So they shut down our waffle making operation on the 5th and that was that unless we get a license. Well we already had the batter. Long story short I have a gallon of waffle/pancake mix at my disposal that needs to be eaten in 3 days or it goes bad. WOOT!


Cut to Saturday 4pm: Todd has graciously allowed us to use his apartment for said waffle party. invitees are me, Todd, Brandon, Katie, Matt, and Nashoba. Cortney came by later and Paul came after work. With Katie's help I gathered many supplies the day before. THis was probably the most fun I've had panning a party because the concept itself was so fun and laid back. It was like having a BBQ, but inside with breakfast food. We got bacon, and sausage and fruits and syrup. Plus I had an assortment of nuts, cool whip, and choclate chips at home to add to the mix. It was like the ultimate salad bar of pancake set ups.

It was so fun to just start cooking and have people come by. It was a mall group, but so much fun. Everyone has such a similar sense of humor and I just love when a group of people get to hang out who don't normally do so. I just like combining my friends and saying "see? look...you like each other" I have so many friends that I like different things about and it makes it just that much more exciting if when I suggest bringing a mutual friend and they are excited to see each other because they don't necessarily meet up outside of through me. Its hard to explain. But I guesss I just want everyone to be happy and I was able to do that for a small group of people this weekend and in the end I had fun too!

We played Cranium and Loaded Questions which were just a riot and I can't wait to expand my board games collection. Paul always says he dislikes games like that but as soon as he gests playing he's laughing and having a good time just like everyone else. I guess he just needs to find games that are different than the traditional Sorry or Monopoly.

Lots of Love,
~*Ery*~

No comments: