Friday, July 22, 2005

MCREST

Each year I forget how much I enjoy participating in MCREST. I always meet the most interesting people who tell me the most interesting things. This year I only managed to get there once but it was for the overnight stay. I think I still prefer serving dinner and staying through hospitality but I got a lovely breakfst conversation and I'm much closer to a woman in my parish which is always a good thing, despite her being mildly annoying. On the note of meeting people I met a guy named Thomas (and I've always wanted to know...when your name is Thomas do you go by Thom, as in the spelling or is it just Tom? Always bothered me.) who was very, interesting. He showed me his 007 Wallet and insisted on spelling my name everytime he said it. Later on I had dinner with one of the men who came in later. He wasstarting at MCC in the fall and was going into the culinary arts. Its amazing sometimes what we don't see in others. The next morning I was so excited because Dana wa there helping with breakfast. The whole time I hd been there I felt bad because it was the first day I had ctually gone vs the several I was signed up for, but then she said she felt the same way. I felt so much better that I wasn't just a slacker, or at least, I wasn't a lone slacker. Since we eat breakfast wit the guests I met several other men that day. The most notable one was named Matt. He was young, probably only about 21 (can you even imagine...only 21 and already homeless, but then again the highest amount of unemploymentis in men 18-25; its a sad world). Hewas eting french toast (and yes this explanation is necessary because it looked sooooo good) with strawberries and powdered sugar and syrup. Yum. He told me that the fact that I could make crepes was the sexiest thng he had ever heard. I was...oh what is the word...impressed? No, its more of a swept away. Anyway that was MCREST and it was fun and Im glad I went...like always.

No comments: