Tuesday, July 12, 2005

A Woman's Perogative

Well damn. I always thought a "woman's perogative" was something I'd be hailing as the best thing ever, and now I've gotta come and bash it. Oy. I'm so pissed right now. Mother dearest played the "I'm changing my mind twice in two days" card and now I'm stuck cancelling plans. I should back up. This doesn't make much sense.

Every year my family (plus or minus dad...he can't always get off work) goes on a 9 hour car ride to visit my mom's extended family. Its all well and good and we stay at Grandma's house but its not, how do you say?, the most exciting trip ever. Granted we get to see relatives and cousins and all that fun stuff, but Grandma's house is boring and tthere just isn't much to do (she doesn't exactly live in NYC). So this year, like every year, we began scheduling our trip. We decided on an extened weekend one spanning July 14-18. All well and good. I really didn't want to go, but what are you gonna do? Its family and thats just how it goes.

Well **This can't wait: I totally just got free cake at work and it was delicious and it had strawberries and it made me reeeeeally happy. Now back to the regularly scheduled story** right after orientation mom decided that she was just gonna go home later than planned, othrewise known as after my grad party. So I went ahead and made plans with Nancy Jackie and Jay (all of whom I haven't seen together in a long time). Jay has this city fesitval thing going on that he's all excited over so we were just gonna go hang out there and just chill with each other. I was just starting to get excited about it.

But now mom has used her woman's perogative to decide that we are going to go to visit her family the weekend of the 14-18. Thus shooting all of my plans to hell. No that they were especially fun or intriguing plans, but I was excited. I had made plans and now they aren't going to go through. Plus I don't know if I'll even be able to tell Jay until that day which is really not cool. I'm so not happy (I was pissed before but then I got cake so I'm a little happier) Because I have go to see the family. I can't not go because some are coming out here for my grad party and how would that look if I couldn't go see them because I had plans with my friends. Arrrgh! Stupid Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid. Merde merde merde merde! C'est penible et merde merde merde! Elle est penible et stupid la perogative de femme!! Merde! Heehee french. I only know one swear word. Merde=shit. Heehee. Still angry. But now angry in francais.

Ick. Merde. I'll be back later to write something else. Don't know when, just know: I'll be back...heehee sorry I really didn't mean for that to come out like that. Bad pun.

~*Ery*~

No comments: