Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Monkey Business

Hummm.....I'm in a good mood today. I slept in (which wasn't the plan since I would like to get up and run I really would, but man am I lazy) till 10. Which was blissfull. I woke up tangled in my comforter, because for some reason I like covering up with that on 75 degree nights. I got up and had Frosted Flakes and blueberries yum yum (wow this is mundane, I'm boring, I think if all I have to write about are blueberries in artificially flavored breakfast cereals...oh well)! Then I watched some of the Nanny which amuses me ever so much...I love Fran Drescher. She makes me happy. She is also one of the only people whose autobiography I read willingly. Both as a matter of fact. Funny funny *sigh*. And now I'm back at work. The only place I can blog at right now because our laptop is broken. Stupid technology. I can't wait till I have my own...is that hypocritical? Raving against technology and then wishing for some...I don't know, maybe...but know I'm answering my own questions which is not wise. New topic.

I bought sunglasses yesterday. Wiat I lied. I bought two pairs of sunglasses yesterday. For the price of one. I am a SUPER SHOPPER! (du du du DAAAH!) I love deals, mostly because I'm cheap. But thats okay because I splurge on food all the time. I love food. I love to eat. Just thinking about it makes me hungry. Or thirsty. I'm probably just dehydrated and my mind is telling me that I'm hungry when really I'm thirsty. (Wow this will be interesting to read-over in two months)

I was reading a comment from someone on my last post and it made me think of something. I hope this helps explain that I'm not a mean bitchy friend. We just understand each other very well. I remembered a conversation I had with my friend Nancy about one year ago. We had just finished putting together a suprise party for Jackie. This required major working together and compromise of ideas on our part. No problem one might say, you are best friends. But Nancy and I have this wonderful relationship that allows us to hate what the other is doing but totally love the person still. The convo went something like this:

N: I'm so glad this worked out so well
E: Me too.
N: Especially since when we first decided to do this I was like, wow this will be really hard. I hate Ery sometimes.
E: You hate me sometimes?! I hate you sometimes!
N: Really?
E: Yeah.
N: Wow, we are good.

We then proceeded to have the best year of our friendship. I think it was because we both knew that the other did things that really ticked the other person off, thus making it easier for us to just acknowledge to each other, sans guilt, you are pissing me off, back away now. And yes there are times when one of us gets in a huff about the other, but that goes away after the hormones cool off. Jackie and I have our moments too. She has told me of times when she thinks that I'm abandoning her and she will just live without me and never be my friend again. Two minutes later we are laughing over something like how fun the word wiggle is to say. Thats just how we are. And on that note I hope my realtionship with people has become more clear.

Ok so I just answered the phone and this guy is like: "Its Don from Corporate, is Wes in?" I tell him he's not and take the message and we hang up. Let me just say that Corporate is in TX. So when Don said his name it sounded more like Dawn. Only I knew it wasn't Dawn because he had this big deep voice and I've talked to him before, but really I was so amused because I thought his name was Dawn for a second. So I repeated it back, under the pretense of taking an accurate message, and he said yes Don. and I'm like okay (heeheehee inside), good bye I'll give him the message. Heehee. Note if I ever move someplace I'm going to check that my children's names will not sound funny in the dialect spoken by the people in that area. Because, man its funny, but its not nice to laugh at people's names...heehee.

I had ice cream yesterday. Actually I had sorbet (which makes Nancy laugh because I say it the correct way, sor-bay). It was fruity and yummy and cheap and in a wafflecone. And there I go again giving mundane facts about my life. I also tried to watch a scary movie but I gave up. I attempted to watch White Noise. A movie which everyone in my family saw (including my 12 yr old bro) and they all said, no its not that scary. Which is the exact reason I had to turn it off 45 mins in. I was so freaking out. I turned it off and put in Coach Carter. Much better.

Heh. So I started doing this senior scrapbook to put out at my grad party. That was not smart. I'm going over it with my sister Dev. and she is laughing at me. The stupid thing keeps prompting stuff like: So, I'll tell you how prom was: and then I answer and she laughs because it sounds soooo cheesy. But in the back corner off my mind I like it a little bit. I know that in ten/twenty years when I look back I'll be happy that I went cheesy and filled the damn thing out. But right now, I'm considering not putting it out at graduation. Its almost a bit too embarassing.

~*Ery*~

P.S. This is labeled Monkey business and I don't know why. So there.

Ack! I totally forgot this and and had to edit the post to insert it. I commented in french on this french guy's blog and he came and checked out mine and wrote in french and I understood it and I have to call Jackie and tell her because it has completely made my day!!

No comments: