Thursday, June 16, 2005

Ooops! Florida

Oh my gosh. I can't believe it. I completely forgot to write about my trip to FL. I am amazed at myself, shocked, amazed, and disappointed. Well, I guess the story ought to be told now.

I went to FL the day, or was it two? either way it was close following graduation. I went down there with Nancy and Jackie along with Jackie's mom (further referred to as Ms. S for the duration of this write up) and JAckie's Nana (referred to as Nana, since that is what everyone, including my daad, calls her). Staying at Nana's condo was...well lets just say it was interesting..but I jump ahead, I forgot the plane. I don't particularly enjoy the whole 'flying experience'. It makes me mildly naustious, my head hurts, and it just isn't the same (duh) as driving. I mean sure its faster but is the headache worth it. WHatever. Well we fly down to FL and I experienced my first brushe with dum dum duuuummmm TURBULENCE. Totally not as fun as I had pictured it, all it did was make sleeping a smidge bit more difficult. We got off the plane no prb and were picked up by a limo, no lie it was sooo nice. We just sat ther and lounged, stretching out after the 3hrs spent couped up on the plane. When we arrived at the condo I finally understood what Jay had told me about the place. I t was a virtual Fort Knox. You needed a special card key to get in the gate for the parking, another card key to get into the elavator, a special code to get to your floor and then a key to open the door of teh condo itself. I mean it was nuts. But man, was it ever beautiful. You could seee the Gulf of Mexico from every window and there was a balcony and I was just a mazed by how marvelous it looked.

Well there is no need to document each and everyday, they were pretty uneventful but I will say that I stayed for 9 dyas and I read 5 1/2 books. T'was wonderful, that's all we did was read. Here is what I read and brief review.
The Eyre Affair~ **** THis was such a good book. I'm so glad I picked it up. Anyone who has read Jane Eyre (whether they liked it or not would enjoy this book) it was clever and witty and so much fun. The perfect beach read.
Lullaby (by: CHuck Pahlaniuk) ~ *** I really enjoyed this one. It hasn't become one of my favorites but I did enjoy it. I t was classic Chuck and I love him for that.
A book by Catherine Coulter (I can't remember the title) ~ ** Interesting and captivating but cliche. Nothing was spectacular and you knew the guy and the girl were gonna fall in love and get married after they solved the mystery and had sex and a couple of fights. What can I say I needed some smut.
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (by: Douglas Adams) ~ *** I read this before but I needed a refresher course before diving into the rest of the series. It was good again and I enjoyed it but sometimes the author can just be so long winded that it seems like he's lost the entire point of the book itself.
THe REstuarant at the End of the Universe (Douglas Adams again) ~ ** The 2nd book in the series this one didn't wow me. It seemed like mor of a connector book than an actuall part of the series. I mean don't get me wrong it ws fun to read but I wasn't captivated like I was and am captivated by the 1st and 3rd.
Brick Lane (I didn't finish this one) ~ **** I know how do you rate a book you didn't finish right? Well I would have finished it but it got to good for me. The author had me right in this woman's shoes and I couldn't stand it. Her husband was bothering me and I just couldn't take it anymore. It was soo frustrating being with her in her life that I gave up and figured I would try again later.

And those were the books I read while on vacation in FL. Now I know that I said all we did was read but that is technically a lie. WE did go to the pier a couple nights and it was fun. THe first night we just looked around and soaked in the local color. THe scond night it was just us younglings and we had such a great time getting away from our elders. We went on a little dolphin sighting boat and met this amazing girl name Marisol. She was so fun, i wish we could have hung out more. THen we went and had dinner at this restuarant that had live music, and lucky for us we got to sit right in front of it. THe guy was amazing he just played the guitar and sang but the music was great. He played modern stuff and oler stuff and we knew most of it. It was so nice, and we could tell that he was enjoying haveing us ther sining along and laughing and such. THat was the night that I had two entres...well sorta. Nancy and I both wanted this same wrap but I decided that a club sandwich also sounded good so I got that witha side of fettucini alfredo. Jackie got a seafood pizza and it was all set. THat is until my meal came. THe side of pasta was huge, meal portion sized. SO along with my gigantic club sandwich I have this huge bowl of pasta. SInce jackie had seafood pizza we tossed a shrimp and a scallop onto my pasta and called it seafood fettucini alfredo. Oh how we laughed. It was fun and I got leftovers for once and got to have a club sandwich for lunch the next day...yum yum! THe last day we went to the pier we got our henna tattoos doe. The were amazing (and relativly cheap too). Jackie got aflower on her foot, Nancy got a design on her back and I got a design around my bellybutton, a conversation piece i like to call it. The people doing them were so nice and fun, I was so happpy we went back to get the henna.

But the pier was not the only thing we did. On our last WEd. in FL Ms. S. had had about enough of hanging with us younglings and her mother. SO she went out for the night witha buddy she knows down ther named Scott. She left we had pizza and then the four of us left all kinda went our seperate ways in the condo. JAckie went to a bedroom to talk to Joel (lovebirds), Nana went to her room to watch TV and eventually fall a sleep, Nancy stayed inside to read the DaVinci Code (she was so hooked), i went out on the balcony to sing. Nobody knows that, but it was just what I needed. I sang all of these beautiful ballads and it was marvelous. I just sang as loudly as I wanted to because a storm ws coming in and no one could hear me through their doorwalls. I needed it so much, but anyway. Ms. S. came in around 10:30 so I came in too. She sat down and here is our conversation (Red = her teal = Nancy and I)
"Hey girlies!" "Hey how was your night out?" (No we don't speak in chorus but the gist is there) "Good where is every one?" "Jackie is in the bedroom and so is Nana. You're home early...its only 10:30." "Really? you girls wanna go out and do something." "Sure, sounds good." (Okay so Nancy and I are both old enough to get into the bars but not to drink, Jackie can't even get in yet. So its just us and our friend's mom that are going out) Long pause "Okay lets go." "Really?! Alright well let us go get changed and we'll be right back out."
So after taht we proceeded to sneak out of the house leaving Jackie with orders to cover for us if Nana woke up (she doesn't like it when we all go out late, not proper ya know) and we wer off. Nancy drove, since Ms. S. had already had a bit to drink. We went to this little bar and listened to the band for about ten mins and then they were done. We met his nice lady who was probably about 25 who was intrigued by the fact that Ms. S. didn't have a gfake ID for Jackie. It was fun. She recommended we go to this place called SHephards. SO we did. It was this nightclub/bar/restuarant/hotel thing. We made our way to the night club which was so cool. But Ms. S. didn't really enjoy it so we followed her to the bar next door. THey had a live band there that was playing some oder stuf and tehy were pretty good but the night club was right next door. SO we figured ifwe were old enough to go out then we were old enough to leave her there. OS we told Ms.S. where we were going and that we'd be back in an hour to check in and then we were gone. It was so much fun. We were dancing and having a great time. Nancy even made a friend...I mean technicallly he was dancing with both of us, but it was Nancy that got invited up to the HOTEL ROOM! She didn't go but still. We had fun and danced like the sluts we are deep down inside (heehee) and then we ended up going back to Ms. S. She had also made a not wanted friend so we left and went back home to sneak into the condo. It was so much fun we jumped on Jckie to wake her up and then we talked for an hour. It was an amazingly eye-opening experience.

On the way home I had the misfortune of getting pulled out of line for a random check...this was my fourth time n a plan for goodness sake. Its okay thoug, I got out of line faster than the other people so there! On the flight back we had to awesome flight attendants, one guy who mocked the instruction giving lady and another lady who did magic for the kids. It was cool. THen we landed an d I got a splitting headache

So that is it. That at was FL and that was very long so now I'm done for a while...maybe.

~*ERY*~

No comments: