Thursday, June 16, 2005

This is what I have done

This is the story of what followed after "UncontrollableExcitement". As already noted neither of us wanted to go to bed. Don't misread that statement. It does not say we weren't tired, I was but the whole sleeping thing just didn't seem appealing. The night was perfect for being outside. There were only a few clouds and those that were there were the white fluffy ones made gray by the dark, the temperature was ideal, there was a slight breeze to dispel any hint of humidity. I didn't want to go to sleep. I don't know what his excuse was but that's mine. This is the full unabridged story of our events, well, slightly abridged, I don't remember word-for-word what was said.

Well Jay got to my house around 2:15. I ended up staying inside on the couch because I knew I'd be able to see the lights of the car pull up. So I popped outside and into his car (a note early on, we were actually in his dad's SUV since his truck was in the marina...kinda sad since I do like his truck, anyway this is a thought to be kept in mind later). We do the obligatory "hi,-how-are-you?-Fine-and-yourself?"-thing and then we were off. Since my Dad made this weird "Go to this Coney Island" request I figured that we should go there first in case my dad went there to make sure I went. Why I thought my Dad would go through that much trouble to insure that I went where he wanted me to go, I don't know, but stranger things have been done in my family and there had been some drinking involved on his end. So Jay and I ended up in this hole-in-the-wall restaurant. The place has, literally, maybe 20 tables, total. Its one big smoking section and it is completely packed with drunks. Its funny of course because of all the places he could have sent us, this is the last place I would have expected. The people are doing saganaki as if there is no tomorrow, usually I would complain about the smell but something about the place covered it up, and it is raucous and their is some "Rocky"-wanna-be movie on the TV's. It had its own little flare, probably indiscernible at 3pm but at 3 in the morning places like this just take on their own light and sparkle (definitely the wrong word, in no way did that place sparkle). All I know is that I will always look fondly on that restaurant when I pass it.

When we left it was going on 3:3am. Not really knowing what to do Jay mentions that he say a golf course on his way to my house. This is a brief shortening of that conversation. Anything in red is me (pink thoughts) and blue are his words. This is not exact wording this is a generalization from memory to make the recording a bit simpler.
"Yeah, Hillcrest that's right up here. Why?" "Because we can drive on the course." (You want to drive on the course.) "Why?" "Because its fun." "Well okay, I'll show you how to get in the back way." (this is sooo not legal, weeee but it is so fun!) So we ended up on the golf course. WE broke about three laws in about 5 mins. We had to get on the course the back way which is illegal all by itself since you aren't supposed to be back there after ten. Then we actually figure out how to get around the steel cable designed to prevent lawbreakers like us and we're on the course. We have to turn off the lights so no one sees us from he road but hten we can't see so we almost run over a garbage can so we decide to just get off and find something better to do.

We end up on M97 going north. We end up at M59 and then decide that going further north is kinda silly so we turn right. And just our luck there is a train stuck across the tracks. We figure that since its 4am and we have nothing better to do we might as well wait for the train to pass. SO we are sitting there and Jay announces that he has to, ahem, use the little boys room. I tell him he should just get out and go on the side of the road but he points out that while he would there are no sufficiently dark corners. We then had the very interesting conversation (more of an instruction lecture directed towards me) on how one does a number 2 (or pees female style) in the woods. It was, interesting, to say the least. Well someone finally decides that they have been sitting for awhile and are sick of it so they try and find out what's going on with the train. They report back to the car next to us something about half and hour. We decide that 30 mins is too little of doing nothing so we illegally U-Turn and drive over part of the median and turn back south. We ended up getting stuck by the train again near my house but luckily it was moving this time. I was so excited. I got to show Jay something that was purely mine, excitement that you can only experience by standing within 10ft of a moving train. I tried explain but eventually told him that we'd just have to do it. So took off my seat belt and he followed. I jumped out of the car and stood there next to the train and just felt the power. I can't explain it but it paralleled the feeling I felt leaving the house that morning the train was finally finished, I guessed correctly, we got back in the car and drove on. We ended up going to the marina where his family keeps their boat and his jetski. He showed me where they kept the boat and then we decided to go for a swim. Now I don't know if this was mentioned but I had my suit on in case we decided to break into the community pool nearby. Anyway we found a place that looked cleanish (as clean as you can get) and not dangerous. We climbed down the rocks (and I am proud to say that I, not the boyscout, clambered down much more limber-like) An since Mr. EagleScout was being a baby because he saw a dead fish, I was the first one in. The water was suprisingly comfortable temperatured. I was walking out and he finally got in. So we're walking around in this dirty water under the stars and in my head I can't stop thinking about how beautifully romantic it could be. Then he threatened to shove e under so I went under by myself. He followed when I taunted him for being scared of the fish. WE had finally decided that it was time to go (10mins total water time) and we were walking back towards the bank(?) and I was in front of him (let me preface this by saying that this was one of my extremely high moments for the entire evening). All of a sudden he jumps me, I knew it was coming but I kinda let it happen. I was so happy. For two seconds his arms were around my waist and his entire body was on mine and we were under water and it was so short. I got up and said something sarcastic and fun at him and he respond with "I've wanted to do that for a long time." (What? We've only been in the water for 10mins. Does that mean you wanted to be closer longer? Am I making too much of this? Yeah you are Ery but could he...?) So I'm in this weird conundrum with myself and I kept walking. We got out (again I was the one who found it easier to get out using the rocks, stupid boy) and discovered that, oops bad planning we have no towels and its cold now that we're out of the water (we could huddle together for warmth...hmm?). I decide that the cami I wore is the most useless item of clothing that I have with me and I used that to dry off with. I offered it to him as I danced around in the parking lot under the streetlight. It was fun. He laughed at me but that's ok, I was enjoying the feeling of the cool morning air on my nearly bare skin and he couldn't take that from me and no one could. Well he decided that he couldn't drive all wet so he was gonna go change by this big pine tree. He warned that if I wanted a peek all I would see was a white ass and I believed him but I was too busy doing my changing to check. (Yeah right I was gonna ride around all wet, not only is that uncomfortable but its not healthy. Women have open reproductive systems ya know). So there I am changing behind the open door of the car. I drop my bottoms and decide, oh why not, I'll go commando and put my jeans on. I strip off my top and I turn my back to the open window to shrug on my hoodie when I hear him coming around to open the hatch, shit turn around quick and toss the shirt on hurry! Luckily I'm just fast enough. He sees nothing...although he was really suprised I changed, why I can't figure out, but there was surprise. He was stunned that I did it right there, "I mean there are boats with people on them right behind you." oops "Oh well if they're up this late I guess they deserve a little show, right?" I got a laugh. We put my wet suit in the cooler and figured I'd get it later. We left the marina and noticed it was just about 5 so we might as well get breakfast (this was Jay, I'm still not hungry). SO we go to Denny's since its the only place open and we order. I got pancakes figuring that by the time they got there I might be hungry enough to eat them. Well it didn't matter because right after we ordered the whole shindig fell apart. Dad called.

It was not a nice phone call. All I caught was "now." in a very angry tone of voice, he told me to fill in the blanks. Unfortunately Jay heard all of this, not that I could have concealed the message but I wish he hadn't. It was 5:30 by the time we told the waitress that we needed it to go and paid. Jay was so worried. He was so afraid that he had gotten me in trouble. I was scared too but I was occupied with reassuring him that he wasn't to blame and that helped. Left food (and suit now that I think about it) with him figuring that it wouldn't be best to tell my dad that I had just gotten food, or gone swimming in the lake. I got in the house and Dad wasn't there. He was sleeping in his room. I totally could have brought in my food and suit. I went to bed with a brief explanation to my mom who woke up when I tried to check in.

Two hours later I went to church and went home to talk to my father. I told him I was sorry for not calling or coming home. He said I just shouldn't have been out that late and that was it. No anger or explanation needed. I called Jay and told him that my parents weren't angry with him and that they didn't know about the swimming. When he asked why I explained that if I told them about swimming I would have to explain why I had my suit on, which was because we planned on doing illegal swimming and that would have had serious consequences. I'll tell them when I move out, maybe.

Well that's it. That's the whole story. I didn't do anything terrible and nothing spectacular happened between us. But all in all its one of the best experiences of my life and it'll make a pretty damn good story to tell my kids and grandkids.

No comments: