Sunday, August 07, 2005

College shopping and other Stuff

Whoa crazy buying stuff for college is like moving out...duh. No seriously I went shopping for stuff today for college (22 days!!) I got my comfortor (reversible light green and light blue) and two matching sheet sets and towels in the shades of light green, bright pink, and orange-y yellow. I'm so excited. I also bout an alarm clock CD player, very cool. And a new back pack, that was sorta sad. I love my old one but I need on thats not falling apart. But on the subject of this being like moving out, I guess I mean that it just hadnt really set in yet. I mean I was buying my linens. That symbolizes independance and freedom and stuff. I was just so wowed by the fact that it was up to me. It hadn't quite sunk in that once I was out of the house...I was out of the house...probably for good. Its so strange to think that these last 22 days are most likely the last days I will stay in my home as a true resident. Because I have a very distinct feeling that once I get a taste of freedom there will be no coming back. AHH! That's scary.

To copy (and adjust) a bit of a conversation because it was interesting and described something I think should be saved: Pacing makes me all antsy and I start to breathe heavy and pace...its not good. This is nervous pacing which for me means that almost everytime I turn the same thought comes up. I get stuck in a circular thought process. Nothing changes or gets better.

Man, I love Ricky Martin. I want him to make a come back because I totally missed out on his cute butt shaking. Oooo listening to City High's "What Would You Do?". I love this song!

Going out with Brendan tomorrow. Decided against the skanky skirt because it was "advertising what wasn't for sale", and thats just not fair to anyone involved. Instead I'm going with my khaki skort (yes its short...but its got shorts underneath for protection) with my velvety geen/brown tank top. I will lok both sexy but not skanky which is always a plus. I have decided to lie to my parents when they ask me whatwe did after dinner. I'll tell them that we just drove around. Because I have a feeling it loks suspicious that we keep driving 25 mins. back to his house to "hang out". Not that I could just come out and say..."Well we went back to his house and watched a movie then made out for an hour...yeah we went back there because we can't do that here." I have this distinct feeling that that would be an awkward conversation. It would undoubtedly involve my mother's all-time favorite euphemism for kissing: sucking face. I purposely don't bring up kissing with her for that reason, which is awful because I would love to talk to her about stuff but she gets immature about it and is impossible to talk with. Unless its really me who is taking the whole subject too seriously. Kissing itself is just odd if you think about it. I mean this is kissing: the pressing of two bodily orfices together to swap bodily fluids. That sounds so gross and unappealing for something that most people do and most everyone loves doing. Its odd. Last time I thought abut this I told brendan that kissing was strange and he kissed me. Funny how that worked out.

_____________________________
Word of the Day: castigate \KAS-tuh-gayt\, transitive verb: To punish severely; also, to chastise verbally; to rebuke; to criticize severely

I have no idea what a transitive verb is. Can I castigate someone? or is that considered bad english (not that its very nice or anything, just wondering)?


And did you notice that if you replace the i and g with an r it spells castrate...which is an equally unkind thing to do.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

transitive just means it has to be done to someone. you can just say castigate like "i castigated." in the way that you can say "i ran." its has to be like "i chased him."
"i castigated him." see?
wow i feel incredibly dorky and yeah, just start calling me webster. ill get some thick glasses with white tape in the middle, snort with every laugh, and wear my pants so high i can tuck my tie into them and show a bit of sock and ankle... mmmm aint that a sexy little picture lol.
all it needs is some suspenders and an accordian to call me Stever Urkel.

PeLoHa
JAMiN

~*Ery*~ said...

Thank you, webster. Now I know what a transitive verb is. You made me smarter. By the way whales have eylashes.

Anonymous said...

Okay ~*ERY*~, I don't know if you can help me, but I think maybe you will understand. I see all this crazy blog spam everywhere (I see some here) and I'm wondering if you know how we can stop it. I just have a site about romantic kissing, and I can't even go find information on romantic kissing without having to filter through all the junk. My blog gets totally bombarded with this rediculously spam. I hope you're not as frustrated as my self. Anyway, good luck with your blog, and let me know if you have any ideas...

Thanks.