Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Words of the Days

This is going to take forever and a day to copy + paste...blah.

Word of the Day for Sunday August 14, 2005: pari passu PAIR-ih-PASS-oo\, adverb: At an equal pace or rate.

Okay I really really like this one. No idea where it came from (entomology rocks {that better be the one about wors not bugs...athought he bugs are pretty cool}) but this is one cool word. I wish I could remember it the next time it fits into normal conversation

Word of the Day for Monday August 15, 2005: enmity \EN-mih-tee\, noun: Hatred; ill will; hostile or unfriendly disposition

Darn those grumpy foks, spreadin' around enmity to others. They should all just go home alone.

Word of the Day for Tuesday August 16, 2005: numinous \NOO-min-uhs; NYOO-\, adjective:
1. Of or pertaining to a numen; supernatural.
2. Indicating or suggesting the presence of a god; divine; holy.
3. Inspiring awe and reverence; spiritual.

This word is the coolest one yet. Okay maybe not because I kinda don't know when I'll be able to use it but dude, it sounds like luminous...and I really like that word.

Well there are the three (not 5) words of the day I missed. Sorry I guess I wa justto busy for vocabulary improving...heehee I have 60 words saved in my email now. How cool is that?

~*Ery*~

No comments: