Monday, August 29, 2005

First Day!!!!

Umm its 7:30 and I don't have class till 9 but we have to get up to shower first or esle we won't get in at all. THats ok though because if I start working out in the morning Io'l be doing it between 7 and 8. Then I could just shower at the PEIF instead of here. Yeah So I haven't updated and I really need to. Lets see.

I bought a bike, I went cliff jumping, I felt like a mountain goat, I saw my first college football game, our team sucks, I attempted to find a party, I stayed at Pat and Matt's dorm w/Cortney till 3:30 am, I haven't bought my books yet because I forgot my cash yesterday, I went to church, then I saw Hitchhiker's GUide to the Galaxy and it was really bad. That's it in a nutshell. Now to elaborate.

I bought a bike at Walmart because, despite knowing that they aren't nice to the little kids, its the cheapest place to buy stuff around here. I'm kinda far from civilization so I have to get stuff where I can. I'll pray for my immortal soul and their mortal bodies.

I went cliff jumping in a series of waterfalls. It ws so amazing. As soon as Pat sends me pictures I'll post them because its absolutely amazing. The cliff was maybe 15-20 ft up from the water and it was just gorgeous there. We had to hike into the woods a bit and then they just appeared, this chain of waterfalls. I can't describe it accurately but it was mind blowing.

I felt like a mountain goat because we were scrambling all over these huge rocks to get around and up the waterfalls. It was so neat becasue you just do it all barefoot so when your feet hit the ground it makes this little pitter pat noise and it was just so cool. I felt like the little mountain goats that frolic way up in the mountains. :)

I saw my first football game. I hate watching football. I just get bored because its such an ADD sport, I mean, they play for 10 secinds then they get set up for half a minute then play for 10 seconds. I can't get into it becaus ethey don't play long enough. ALthogh I do love cheering and making noise. Pat (who is my big tall buddy and I will talk about him later because I have to) tried to help me limp along and follow what was going on...but I'm pretty noninterested.

Our team sucks. And thats all there is. We just aren't very good so we left after the 3rd quarter.

I attempted to find a party...or four. Ok, so I don't drink and right now I really don't have a huge desire to do so. But I have nothing against going an watching everyone else do it. So I went with: TImnah, Emily, Cortney, Pat, Matt, Jamie, Danielle, and about 5 other people whose names I can't remember. But we walked all over the houses around campus and couldn't find anyplace that still had something to drink. I mean we went to three houses then to a frat house and no one had anything. So we gave up.

I stayed at Pat and Matt's dorm w/Cortney till 3:30 am. Wow that was a late night, I was soooo glad I didn't have to get up for church the next day. Because yeah after we gave up finding a party Everybody went their seperate ways. Emily and TImnah went back to West Hall while Cortney and I went down campus to Spalding to hang out with Pat, Matt and their suitemate, Dustin. We watched Anchorman (which in my opinion is a very dumb movie and not deserving of all the amzing-ness credit it was given, but thats just me). And talked. WE definitly almost just stayed the night because down campus is a little ways from West (otherwise known as home) eventualy I'll get a map on here to show the different buildings and stuff so its easier to understand. But we walked home. It was so pretty with the stars and everything. Just perfect.

I'll finish the rest of the update later, right now that should do...I have to go to class!!

~*Ery*~

No comments: